How Do I Get Started?
To avoid being withdrawn from your course(s), you must complete a minimum of 12% of the course work by the 15th day of the course session. You must make weekly progress in the course, keeping on track using the pacing guide within the course. You may work ahead and complete the course before the ending date which is posted within your course on the home page. Please see the Academic Calendar for session start and end dates.
- From the Indiana Online Academy website indianaonlineacademy.org click the Login tab. Enter the Username and Password you received in a previous e-mail. (If you do not have your login information, click the Login Tab, then "Forgot Password?". Enter the same student e-mail address you provided on the registration form into the box...and your username and password will be immediately sent to that e-mail address.)
- After you have logged in, click Proceed to Classes on the top left side of the screen.
- All IOA students must complete the Welcome folder. You will be required to THOROUGHLY READ the IOA Handbook. When you have completed ALL activities in the Welcome folder and passed the quiz with 100%, you will have access to the units in your course.
- It is advised that you create all of your work first in Microsoft Word, (or PowerPoint) SAVE IT, and then "paste" it into your course. The IOA system will "time-out" for security reasons after a period of inactivity. In such cases, you may lose your work! Make sure to ALWAYS have a backup copy of any work that you complete. You may be asked to provide a copy to your instructor for grading.
- If you have any questions at any time, contact your instructor. The Instructor's telephone number can be found on the course home page. Or, you may send your instructor an email by clicking on the Email tab within the course.
- Please log out of your account when you have finished working by clicking the down arrow next to your name in the upper right corner. This will prevent possible future technical problems with logging in.
- Students must have an ACTIVE EMAIL ACCOUNT.
- INTERNET ACCESS (Preferably high speed, cable or wireless) Dial-up is not suggested.
- The recommended browser is Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Safari is problematic in some courses. Do not use Internet Explorer.
- Course content is NOT MOBILE friendly. You cannot use an iPhone/mobile device.
- MICROSOFT OFFICE / WORD, EXCEL AND POWERPOINT (If you don't have Microsoft Office, you can use Google Docs to create your assignment documents, and then export to them to your computer in Microsoft Office format.)
We are committed to assisting students with their academic success. We hope you find your online learning experience both educational and enjoyable.
Best of luck with your online course!
Indiana Online Academy